Shrooms Ireland was founded on the Sep. 20th 2016 in Dublin, Ireland.
Our manifesto was read aloud in the presence of the society’s first 20 members and, like a spore, germinated into a mycelium.
We believe the mushrooms containing the psychoactive compounds psilocybin and psilocin (also called ‘magic mushrooms’) that are found naturally occurring all over the world are important tools for helping to treat various physical and psychological illnesses and to aid in spiritual growth.
- Highlight medicinal benefits of psilocybin
- Promote a revival of indigenous mushroom-based shamanism in Ireland
- End prohibition of mushroom use in Ireland
- Share knowledge and best practices for safe use
- Reduce harm when foraging wild liberty caps
- Facilitate mushroom experiences while respecting local laws
- Liaise with 920 Coalition
- Partner with sister organisations
- Regular meet-ups with local friends of the mushroom